- 2 lbs Fish (Halibet, Salmon or Tuna)
- 10-15 pieces Goraka
- 1 1/2 tbs salt
- 1 1/2 tbs ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 sprig curry Leaves
- 1-2 pieces Rampe (Pandamus)
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp roasted curry powdersaws
- 1 cup water
- Wash and cut the fish into 15-20 pieces.
- Place the goraka pieces in a saucepan, add a little water to cover and simmer for about 5–10 minutes (until the goraka is soft).
- Add salt, pepper, chili powder, tumeric, curry powder to the fish pieces and mix well (until all the pieces are well coated).
- Drain the goraka pieces and crush into a coarse paste.
- Mix the paste with the drained water and add to the fish, mix well.
- Arrange the fish in a shallow pan and pour the liquid over the pices.
- Wash the mixing bowl with 1 cup water and pour over the fish.
- Swirl the pan to coat the pieces with the liquid.
- Add the curry leaves, rampe, cinnamon & crushed garlic.
- Cook over slow heat until the fish is done.
- For a completely dry dish, transfer the fish and thick gravy into an oven proof container and leave it in a warm oven until completly dry.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.