- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 ripe mango
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp olive oil
- juice of half a lime
- salt and pepper
- 4 bunches arugula, watercress or other pungent greens
- On a grill, char the skins of the peppers until completely black on all sides.
- While hot put the pepper in a brown paper bag and close tightly.
- After about 10 minutes, peel off skin, remove seeds and slice the peppers into eighths.
- Peel the onions and slice into ¼" thick rounds.
- Grill the onions until crispy.
- Peel the mango and cut into thick slices.
- Combine the red peppers, grilled onions and the mango slices.
- Add the cilantro.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix lightly.
- Serve the mixture over a bed of arugula or other greens.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.