- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup mint sprigs, crushed
- 1 tsp peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 6 peeled mango wedges, ½-inch thick
- 6 peeled papaya slices, ½-inch thick
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 mint sprigs
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a widemouthed jar; cover and let stand 2 weeks in a cool, dark place, gently shaking jar occasionally.
- Strain the vinegar mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a glass measure or medium bowl, and discard solids.
- Combine vinegar mixture and sugar in a small non aluminum saucepan, and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into a decorative bottle; add mint sprigs.
- Seal with a cork or other airtight lid, and store in a cool, dark place.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.