- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, unpeeled
- 1 or more ripe mangos, depending on size, peeled and diced
- 2 chiles chipotle in adobo (stewed, canned), drained
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- Broil or grill tomatoes and onion, charring all sides until soft, (about 35 minutes for onion, 25 minutes for tomato).
- Allow to cool, then peel onion and chop with tomato.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from saucepan into a blender and puree.
- Marinate meats or poultry in BBQ sauce.
- Place meat on grill and cook until done, basting periodically with sauce.
- The chiles chipotle give the smoky flavor desired.
- Serve hot as a side dish for guests to use as needed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.