Prep Time: 10 minutes.
Cook time: Overnight refrigeration.
You might think you're having a fish ceviche.... but it's a vegetarian out of this world, Colombian Mango Ceviche!
- 1½ cups of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 cup of sunflower oil
- 3 red round onions finely chopped
- 3 big yellow reddish mangoes (not quite ripe yet)
- juice of 3 lemons
- a handful of cilantro (chinese parsley)
- a pinch of pepper, of salt, of sugar, of hot powdered chili
- 4 cups of water
- Peel the mangoes. Cut them in small rectangles, the size of shrimp.
- Finely cut the cilantro, taking care of leaving aside the stems.
- Put the mangoes, the cilantro, and the rest of the ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Let set for 2 hours. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve on soda crackers like common ceviche.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.