- 6 cups semi ripe mangos
- 1½ cups water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1½ – 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- lemon juice
- whipping cream
- 9" graham cracker pie shell
- Prepare a 9" graham cracker pie crust.
- Set aside.
- Mix 6 cups sliced semi-ripe mangos with 1½ cups water.
- Cook until soft.
- Add 1½ – 2 cups sugar and cook 5 minutes more. Cool.
- Strain mango mixture.
- Take ⅔ cup strained mango and add to 4 lightly beaten egg yolks.
- Stir in ¼ cup sugar and cook in top of double boiler over hot water until it thickens.
- Stir in 1 tbsp gelatin that has been softened in ¼ cup cold water.
- Cook stirring until thick.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Cool.
- Beat egg white until stiff, then fold into mango mixture.
- Pour into pie shell and chill.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.