- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup mango juice
- 2 cups mangos, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¾ cups milk
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- Bake prepared pie crust at 450' for 9–11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle gelatin over ¼ cup mango juice and let stand to soften.
- In a food processor, combine ¾ cup mango juice with 1 cup mango pieces and process until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, combine ½ cup sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stir in milk and pureed mango mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Then gradually stir into hot mixture and continue to cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, butter and gelatin mixture.
- Fold in ½ cup toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Fold in other cup mango pieces.
- Spoon into cooled crust.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add 1 tbsp sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in mango jam.
- Pipe or spoon whipped cream over filling.
- Garnish with rest of coconut.
- Refrigerate 3 – 4 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.