- Peel the rind (zest) from the lemon, and cut into thin strips.
- Squeeze lemon, reserving the juice.
- Chop the pulp,placing the pulp and ginger on a square of cheesecloth.
- Tie cheesecloth with a string.
- Cook lemon zest, spice bag and mango in saucepan over medium heat, stirring now and then, for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and lemon juice;bring it to a boil over medium heat , continue to boil, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Discard your spice bag.
- Pour into hot jars, filling to ½ inch from the top of the jar.
- Remove the air bubbles carefully; wipe all the jar rims.
- Cover at once with metal lids,and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Store in dark, cool space.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.