- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 lb raisins
- 2 lb dark brown sugar
- 1 qt cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 lb dried currants
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp dried mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp crushed chile peppers
- 1 cup minced red peppers
- 4 lbs thinly sliced green mangos
- Wash and sterilize 4 (1 pint) jars and their lids and stand on a baking sheet in a 250°F oven till needed.
- Mix all ingredients in a very large pot.
- Cover and slowly bring to a boil.
- Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 – 1½ hour until thick.
- Stir more often as it thickens.
- Ladle boiling mixture into hot jars, filling to within ⅛" from the top.
- Wipe rims and seal.
- When cool, check seals.
- Store in a cool, dark dry place.
- Let stand 1 month before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.