- ½ cup salt
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- ½ cup fennel seed
- 2 tbsp mustard seed
- ¼ cup dried red chilies, crushed
- ¾ cup dry mustard powder
- 2 lbs mangos
- Wash and dry unpeeled mangos.
- Cut into small pieces or cubes.
- Mix mangos with salt and turmeric; set aside for 24 hours.
- In a heavy pan, lightly brown the fennel and mustard seeds.
- Grind coarsely.
- Drain mangos reserving the liquid.
- Mix all other ingredients together and toss cut mangos in it until well coated.
- Press into sterilized jars and pour the brine over, so that the mangos are well covered.
- Close lids tightly and keep in a sunny place for 1 week.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.