- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tbsp poppy seed
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- Grease and flour 10" spring-form pan.
- For cake, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon peel and egg.
- Beat 2 minutes.
- Combine flour, poppy seed, baking soda and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread batter over bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan.
- For filling, combine all filling ingredients and spoon over cake batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 – 55 minutes.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm cake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.