- 2 cups ripe mangos, sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp margarine
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pour lemon juice over mangos and let stand 15 minutes.
- Melt 1 tbsp margarine in 8 inch cake pan or casserole.
- Add brown sugar and cover with mango slices.
- To prepare cake batter, cream margarine, cream in sugar, then add beaten egg.
- Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with milk.
- Pour over mangos and bake 50 to 60 minutes at 375°F.
- When cake is done, cool slightly, turn upside down and serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.