- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thaw puff pastry for 20 minutes.
- Cut mangos into quarters lengthwise.
- Melt butter in 12" skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in mango quarters and sugar.
- Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and taking care to keep pieces intact, until mango quarters are a deep golden brown.
- Transfer mango to a 10" round baking dish.
- Cut pastry to fit over mangos.
- Place on top and cut a few steam vents.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- When done, remove and run a knife along underside of pastry to keep it from sticking.
- Place a heat proof dish over the tart and invert.
- Give the bottom a tap to loosen any remaining pieces of mango.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.