A Catfish recipe. Serves 4.
- 1 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 can (1 pound) diced tomatoes, with oregano and basil added
- pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth, diluted with 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over moderate heat; add the garlic and onion; sauté until golden.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper and wine.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the diluted broth, cover and bring to simmer — about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the U.S. farm-raised catfish and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.