Description[edit | edit source]
Makes 12 servings.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 large onions, cut into quarters
- 6 ribs celery, cut into pieces
- 3 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 x 16-ounce cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups clam juice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 pounds monkfish or halibut fillet cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 dozen (about 1 pound) mussels, cleaned
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Combine onions, celery, carrots and tomatoes in bowl of large food processor; cover and process until puréed.
- Pour mixture into 8-quart stockpot.
- Add clam juice, thyme and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice, fish, mussels, shrimp, parsley, pepper and broth.
- Cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes until fish is opaque and flakes with fork, shrimp are no longer pink, and mussels are opened.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.