Description[edit | edit source]
- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 tsp chana dal, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1½ cups wheat flour (aata), sieved
- ½ cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- oil for frying
- salt to taste
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Mix both flours, all powdered spices, ginger-garlic paste, onion, coriander leaves and salt.
- Knead into a stiff dough, adding water as needed and a little oil.
- Make 12 equal-sized balls.
- Lightly oil the palms and pat each ball into a 10 cms disc, spreading a little chana dal on each side while patting, so that the dal sticks to both sides of the discs.
- Heat oil and fry each disc till golden.
- When all discs are ready, serve hot with tomato sauce or any chutney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.