Description[edit | edit source]
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 18 pieces
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- black grapes (enough for 1 gallon juice)
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Crush grapes until you have a gallon of juice then strain and cook boiling until ½ of liquid is left then slow add flour stirring constantly over low flame.
- Add nutmeg and sugar and stir well then add lemon juice and pour into rectangular pan.
- Let cool in pan for 2 days then since inch squares and serve with drinks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.