My favorite fall dessert.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tart cooking apples (2½" diameter)
- ¼ cup Grape Nuts type cereal (or granola)
- ¼ cup finely minced walnuts
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp good maple syrup
- Carefully remove the cores from the apples, using an apple corer, a vegetable peeler, or a small paring knife, being careful to remove all seeds and tough parts.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and fill each apple.
- Place the stuffed apples in a shallow baking dish, and add about ¼ inch of water.
- Bake, uncovered in a 375°F oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.