Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings.
- ¼ cup soy sauce,
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 4 long sweet potatoes
- 2 medium onions, sliced,
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- ½ tsp. each salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- Shake soy sauce and syrup in a plastic bag to mix.
- Add salmon. Close and refrigerate 40 minutes.
- Microwave sweet potatoes on high 5 minutes or until slightly tender. Let cool.
- Cut diagonally across into slices. Spray slices on both sides with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat the grill. Remove salmon from marinade.
- Pour marinade into saucepan. Set aside.
- Grill salmon 5 minutes per side or until opaque in the center. Remove and keep warm.
- Add sweet potatoes and onions and grill 5 minutes.
- Turn and add asparagus. Cook veggies another 5 minutes.
- Test the doneness of sweet potatoes. Sprinkle salmon and vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Boil the marinade in a fresh saucepan 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Brush salmon and vegetables with marinade. Serve hot and plain.