Sweet potatoes made with brown sugar and maple syrup. A family favorite that everyone enjoys. If you're not cooking for a vegetarian crowd, you can top these with marshmallows as well.
- Submitted to AllRecipes.com by Wendy
- 211 calories
- 2½ sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut (optional)
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer 25 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Use non-aerosol non stick spray to grease a 8x8 inch baking pan.
- When the sweet potatoes are cool, peel and cut them into large chunks. Arrange them in the prepared dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, syrup, sugar and coconut together over a low heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Sprinkle mixture over sweet potatoes. Top mixture with pecans.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.