- 6 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Prick each Potato twice with a fork and bake in a foil-lined shallow baking pan in lower third of oven until very tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove and cool slightly.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop out warm flesh into a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a Potato masher or, for a smoother purée, force through a Potato ricer.
- Stir in butter, cream, syrup, salt, and pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.