Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter; softened
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts; chopped
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter; softened
- 3 tbsp milk; to 4 tablespoons
- ½ tsp maple extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F; grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine the flour, sugar, butter,applesauce, egg, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- Beat on low speed, scraping the bowl often, for 2 to 3 minutes until well mixed.
- Stir in the raisins and nuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pans immediately; cool completely.
- For the frosting, combine the powdered sugar, butter, milk and maple extract in a small mixer bowl.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping the bowl often, for 3 to 4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spread over the cooled cookies.
- Place 2 raisins in the center of each cookie.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.