This salad makes a perfect tangy side dish for baked fish, a creamy casserole or a savory tart.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 stalk broccoli, peeled and cut into spears
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2½ x ¼ inch sticks
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, blanch the broccoli spears in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots and continue to simmer for 5 minutes or less, until both veggies are just tender and still brightly colored.
- Drain them and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Pour the marinade on the vegetables and toss well.
- Refrigerate or set aside at room temperature for about 20 minutes to allow the flavors to permeate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.