In Romanian: Marinata de carp
- 2 lbs / 1 kg carp
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 - 4 juniper berries
- 2 - 3 bay leaves
- 2 lumps of sugar
- Clean and wash the carp, cut into pieces, salt and let sit for a half hour.
- Pat dry each piece, dredge with flour and fry in hot oiln on both sides, at low temperature.
- Boil water, salt, juniper berries, bay leaves and sugar to make a brine, and allow to cool.
- Arrange the nicely fried pieces in a bowl or jar and then pour the brine over them.
- Chill for 2 – 3 days before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.