- 1 bunch Pascal celery, 4 cups
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tbsp fennel leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 thyme, fresh sprigs, up to 2 sprigs
- 2 parsley, fresh, sprigs, chopped
- white pepper, freshly ground
- Scrape celery lightly. Using a sharp knife, cut stalks diagonally into 1 ½ inch pieces. Cut larger pieces in half lengthwise.
- To make the marinade: in a saucepan, combine the oil, lemon juice, herbs, seasonings, and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Drop the celery into the marinade. Stir, and add only enough water to half cover the celery.
- Invert a dish over the celery. Cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Cool in the marinade.
- Store, marinade and all in a covered glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold, garnished with the lemon and fennel.
Nutritional information Edit
Nutrients for ½ cup calories: 37 exchanges: ½ vegetable; ½ fat : g mg carbohydrate: 2 potassium: 122 protein: negligible sodium: 38 fat: 3 cholesterol: 0 fiber: 1
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.