- Mackerel - 4 small approximately 225g (8 oz) each cleaned,
- bay leaves - 4,
- demerara sugar - 2 tbsp,
- black peppercorns - 6,
- cider vinegar - 150 ml,
- Cold black tea - 150 ml,
- Brown bread - 4 slices buttered and cut into triangles.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
3. Mix the vinegar and the tea together. Pour over the mackerel. Cover the dish and bake for 45 minutes until cooked.
4. Chill well before serving the fish with a little of the marinade and bread.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.