- ½ lb fresh Squid (calamari).
- 1 lb fresh white fish.
- ½ lb clam meat (you can by a package of pre-cooked /frozen).
- ½ lb Shrimp (pre-cooked).
- 1 lb mussels shellfish (frozen in the shell).
- 4 ripe tomatoes.
- 2 onions.
- 1 bottle coconut milk.
- 3 tablespoon chopped cilantro.
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 6 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 gloves of garlic.
- 2 teaspoon salt.
- Place pre-cooked frozen clam meat and Shrimp in a colander. Let them thaw and drain overnight in a fridge.
- Cut the fresh fish into cubes and the squids into small pieces. Rinse them and place in a bowl with salt and lemon juice. Let them marinate while you cook the mussels.
- Rinse the frozen mussels under cool running water. The shells should close.
- Place mussels that do not close in a bowl with cold water and agitate them to make the shell close. *Discard the shells that do not close because they can be spoiled and cause intoxication.
- In a large saucepan, place the good mussels with 1/8 cup of water.
- Cook them about 10 to 15 minutes or until the shells open wide apart and meat come loose.
- Use a fork to remove the meat from shells. Discard shells, reserve the meat.
- Combine in blender diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, minced garlic and salt.
- Make a coarse purée.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and pour the coarse purée.
- Add the fresh fish and Squid. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then, combine the other seafood: Shrimp, clam meat, mussels’ meat.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for additional 15 minutes.
- The dish should have the consistency of a soup when done.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.