- 1 pound greens, well-washed and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons peanut powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 small onions finely chopped (optional)
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Prepare peanut powder by grinding roasted peanuts in blender until fine and powdery, or pound them with a mortar and pestle or between two stones.
- Put greens in just enough boiling salted water to cover.
- Cook over medium heat until soft, adding more water as needed to keep them from sticking.
- After a minute or so, put the tomatoes and peanut powder on top of the greens but do not stir.
- If you’re using onions, put them on top as well.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir and simmer and additional 15 minutes.
- Eat with nsima.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.