Prep Time: 1/2 hour
Cook time: 20 minutes
Mashed potatoes in a healthy combination with root and winter vegetables. An easy one-pot meal
- 1 large onion, diced
- 600 g / 20 oz potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400 g / 10 oz carrots, peeled and cut into medium size chunks
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into medium size chunks
- 500 g / 16 oz kale, washed, stemmed and cut into 1 inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 – 2 lb smoked sausage
- 2 – 4 tbsp butter
- In a large pot saute onion until golden.
- Add root vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ inch of water to pot, salt and pepper, place sausage on top and add kale last.
- Don't mix!.
- Cover pot with lid and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Check to make sure water has not totally evaporated.
- Take out sausage and put aside.
- Add butter to pot and mash vegetables to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately along with sausage.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.