Cook Time: 20 minutes preparation, approximately 90 minutes for baking
- 1 small pumpkin
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Pinch of pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of butter, or more to taste
- Clean your pumpkin well, being careful to remove manure, dirt, etc. Chop off the stem.
- Cook the cleaned pumpkin in a 375 °F oven for approx 45 minutes per 250g. A small pumpkin of less than 500g works best.
- Remove pumpkin and allow to rest for 5–10 minutes.
- During this time, take out sea salt, butter, and your pepper mill.
- Chop pumpkin in half with cleaver, butcher knife, or kitchen hatchet.
- Remove seeds and guts; roast seeds and discard the rest.
- Separate the skin from the flesh.
- Place hot pumpkin flesh in a food processor, along with salt, pepper, and butter to taste.
- If pumpkin is not soft when removed from oven, place back in for 10–15 minutes each time.
- An alternative if you have no food processor is to mash the pumpkin flesh by hand until nearly smooth.
Mashed Pumpkin from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.