- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Serves 2 to 4
- 2 cups mashed yams, or mashed white potatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- ¾ cup melted palm oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe tomato, peeled and diced (optional)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- Boil yams or potatoes, then mashed smoothly with a fork; or, prepare instant mashed potatoes using directions on package, but using water instead of milk.
- Prepare gravy in a saucepan by flying onions and seasoning in palm oil.
- Add tomatoes if desired.
- Remove from heat.
- Mash 2 egg yolks and stir into gravy.
- Stir gravy into mashed yams and mix well until color is even.
- Empty into a bowl and decorate with remaining whole eggs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.