- 1 cup masoor daal (lentil)
- 1 medium, sliced peya(n)j (onion)
- ½ tsp. jiraa (cumin seeds)
- ½ tsp. halood (turmeric powder)
- 1 tbsp. laban (salt) or to taste
- 1 ka(n)chaa lankaa (green chili)
- Wash and boil daal in 2½ cup of water. Mash the daal when completely done.
- Heat 3 tbsp. of oil. Roast cumin seeds until red
- Add the sliced onions and fry until golden brown
- Pour the mashed daal into the wok and add turmeric powder, salt, and green chilli.
- Let daal simmer for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- The more you simmer, better it tastes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.