New Orleans corn and red pepper sauté.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: With Love from Darling's Kitchen
- Serves 8
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 pkg. froze corn (10 oz each)
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup half and half
- ¼ tsp each, sweet basil and thyme flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- In an uncovered pan, saute together first 3 ingredients until pepper is softened.
- Add the next 3 ingredients and simmer mixture until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer mixture for another 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Corn, combined with red pepper, green onions and tomatoes is one of the most beautiful dishes to serve.
- The colors excite the palate.
- It promises and delivers good taste and enjoyment.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.