Cottage cheese with green peas
- 400 gms of paneer (cottage cheese), cut into 1-inch cubes and fried till lightly brown on all sides
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 – 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- tbsp cumin seeds
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cups of water es, chopped for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Add cumin seeds to warm oil and let it begin to sizzle. Add in onions and fry till they turn slightly brown.
- Add green chillies and tomatoes and cook till all the juices dry up and it forms a thick consistency.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt and cook till fragrant and all spices blend in nicely.
- Add water and let it come to a boil. Throw in paneer pieces and Peas, and cover cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with rotis or naan.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com