Bukhoro pilaf with raisins
- 1 kg (2¼ lb) rice
- 150 g (5-6 oz) raisins
- 800 g (28 oz) carrots
- 3 – 4 onions
- 350 g vegetable oil
- salt and spices to taste.
- In a cauldron, sear sliced onions in very hot oil until reddish-brown.
- Then add carrot strips and cook until golden.
- Stir in water, salt and water, then add to cauldron.
- Add rice and more water, just 1:1.
- 5 cm above the surface of rice.
- Cook uncovered until water evaporates.
- Cover and cook on low heat 20 – 25 minutes or until done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.