Costa Rican old fashioned corn custard
- 8 lbs of fresh sweet green corn - husked, shucked and ground
- 3 cups of brown sugar diluted in 2 cups of water or 2 cups of coarse white cane sugar, diluted sparsely
- 1 teaspoon of fresh cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of fresh cloves
- 1 medium thick cheese cloth
- Preparation After the corn has been separated, wash thoroughly.
- Then in an electric food processor, use the shredding blade / grounding blade preferable.
- Once you finish grinding, place contents into a large colander draped with the cheesecloth.
- Let stand over a large container to catch the drippings for a full 24 hours.
- The clear liquid is removed and reserved for a bit later.
- Let the remaining liquid settle then cook with the cinnamon, white sugar and cloves.
- As you stir this mixture to a simmer begin to slowly add the remaining clear liquid.
- Continue to stir over medium heat, stirring constantly until desired thickness is achieved.
- Once it has reached a gelatin thickness. Let cool on cooling rack.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Add anisette sponge cookies to each serving.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.