- fresh palm nuts, or canned palm nut pulp
- one-half pound fresh , cleaned and cut into pieces
- one Onion, chopped
- one clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- one Beef bouillon cube
- one hot chile pepper, cleaned and chopped
- one pound smoked or dried , skin and bones removed, rinsed with water
- two tablespoons dried prawns or dried Shrimp, ground into powder
- In a large pot, bring four cups of water to a boil. Add fresh , Onion, garlic, salt and pepper, bouillon cube, and chile pepper (of desired). Reduce heat, and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add (canned or fresh) palm nut pulp and continue to simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for another ten minutes.
- Add smoked or dried and dried prawns or Shrimp. Simmer for another ten minutes or until soup is thickened to your liking. Adjust seasoning.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.