Malawi is known as the "warm heart of Africa" due to the friendliness of Malawian people. These cookies can be cut in the shape of hearts to commemorate the Malawian people.
- ¾ cup mashed sweet potato
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1¼ cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Mix sweet potatoes, milk, and melted margarine and beat well.
- Sift and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Turn onto a floured board, knead lightly and roll out ½ an inch thick.
- Cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a greased baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.