This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds Great Northern beans
- 2 large white onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 1 pound smoked sausage diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-soak beans overnight.
- Combine all ingredients and cook in heavy pot over low heat until tender.
- Mash with potato masher until beans blend into soup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.