Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound lean ground Beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 15-1/2-ounce jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 16-ounce can cut green beans, drained
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Combine Beef, bread crumbs, Onion, celery, egg, garlic salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, worcestershire sauce and 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce; mix thoroughly. Form into 12 meat balls, 1/4 cup each. Place in greased shallow baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, blend cornstarch with broth and remaining spaghetti sauce. Add green beans; simmer about 2 minutes. Pour over meat balls; continue baking 10 minutes longer. Serve over fluffy rice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.