- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup soft breadcrumbs
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 x 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup hot beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine meat, onion, breadcrumbs, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in mixing bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Form into 8 balls, 1½ inches in diameter.
- Brown balls on all sides in large skillet in oil; pour off fat.
- Combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, garlic, broth, cornstarch and rice; blend until smooth.
- Pour over meat balls, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir 2 tablespoons water into cornstarch.
- Pour into sauce; cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.