Description EditThis familiar, meaty pizza starts with the crust and is made with real cheese and tomato sauce, as it delivers a smoky, bold flavor.
For the sauceEdit
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, rock or iodized only
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the pizza base and meat toppingsEdit
- 1 12- to 14-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz. ground beef
- 2 sausage links, sliced into half-inch rounds
- 8 oz. shredded cheese, mozzarella, Swiss, Cheddar, or Provolone only
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 6 slices Canadian or Irish bacon
- Preheat an oven to 450 F. Prebake the fresh pizza crust, if using, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the simple seasoned tomato sauce, combine the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a fresh, large skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté the ground beef and sausage links for about 3 minutes, or until hot and slightly crispy. Using a spatula, remove the meat from the pan. Set aside.
- Add the simple, seasoned tomato sauce and stir. Just remove from heat.
- Spread the "tomato sauce" mixture over the pizza crust. Top with the cooked, ground beef, sausage, cheese, pepperoni, and Canadian or Irish bacon slices. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve. Cut into serving pieces with the chef's knife.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.