- 750 grams meat (depending on number of persons)
- 1 large onion
- 6 garden eggs / aubergines (eggplant)
- 20 grams tomato purée
- 1.5 liters water
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- salt and (chile) pepper to taste
- Trim, wash, and cut the meat into small pieces, and put in a pot.
- Add water, some salt, and allow to boil for about 5–8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garden and pepper.
- Cook on low heat until vegetables are tender.
- Slice the onion and the tomatoes into small pieces and add to the soup.
- Allow to simmer.
- Remove and grind/blend the cooked vegetables, mix with water and strain.
- Return the vegetables to the soup, and add the tomato purée.
- Allow the soup to simmer on low heat until meat is tender.
- Serve with rice or root vegetables like cassava, yam, potatoes (sweet or "Irish").
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.