- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup grated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dried mint
- 1 or 2 slices white bread
- ½ cup white wine or water
- 1 egg
- flour for rolling
- vegetable oil for frying
- Mix meat, Onion, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and mint.
- Remove crusts from bread slices and moisten in wine or water.
- Add bread and egg to meat. Knead mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, dust with flour, and saute in hot vegetable oil.
- When meatballs are cooked and browned on all sides, place immediately in covered casserole and keep warm until ready to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.