This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hall Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound butter
- ¼ pound rice
- 1 egg
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons
- Mix all ingredients except 2 eggs and 2 lemons and mound into balls.
- Put some water in a pot then place the butter and balls in it carefully.
- Let them cook for 20 minutes then cool.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs with a mixer and slowly while beating add the lemon juice ensuring that the sauce doesn't curdle.
- With a ladle take some of the juice from the meatball pot then add to the sauce mixing constantly.
- Keep doing this until all juice has been mixed in the sauce.
- Empty all the sauce on top of the meatballs and serve with some sprinkled parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.