- 2 pounds ground Beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 spanish Onion finely chopped
- 6 large ripe plum tomatoes core -- peel, chop
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped NOODLES
- 1 pound fresh fine egg noodles in Asian markets
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
For the meatballs:
- In a bowl, combine the Beef, cinnamon, coriander, turmeric, Cayenne, salt, pepper, and half of the garlic. With clean hands, mix thoroughly, then shape the meat into 3/4-inch meatballs. Set them aside.
- In a large, flameproof asserole, heat the oil, add the Onion, and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until it is very soft. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the meatballs. Cook, turning them often, until they lose their pink color.
- Add the plum tomatoes and remaining garlic. Cover the pan, turn down the heat, and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper and cook the mixture for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring once or twice.
For the noodles:
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until they are tender but still have some bite.
- Drain the noodles and transfer them to a bowl.
- Stir in the yogurt, garlic, and salt. Toss thoroughly and transfer to 6 wide bowls.
- Spoon meatballs around the edges of each bowl of noodles, add the mint to the center and serve at once.