- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4½ ounces tvp granules
- 1 cup hot water or vegetable stock
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1½ teaspoons mixed herbs - (such as parsley, sage)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 egg beaten - (or egg replacer)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute onions until lightly browned.
- Add the tvp mince, stir and cook for two minutes.
- Pour the hot water or stock over the saute and simmer for four minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, herbs and garlic together with one cup cold water.
- Stir in the egg and leave to one side for ten minutes.
- Combine the cooked tvp mince with the breadcrumbs mixture, then add the soy sauce.
- Stir well and season to taste.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into an oval mound and place it in the center of a large baking dish, leaving plenty of space all around for the tomato sauce to run.
- Heat the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasoning in a small saucepan, and pour over the loaf, then bake for one hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.