This recipe says not to have the gravy with the meatloaf, but have baked potatoes with the meatloaf. Have gravy later in the week over rice, noodles, or cold meatloaf. I think I'd have it over whatever I wanted.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- ¾ cup milk
- Mix ingredients together thoroughly.
- Form into loaf in heavy skillet and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- When done, gently remove loaf form skillet to serving plate and let sit for a few minutes before slicing.
- Put skillet on top of stove and adjust heat to medium.
- Add 2 cups water to drippings.
- Stir well, bring to boil.
- In a jar with tight fitting lid, put 3 tsp flour land ½ cup water.
- Shake until mixture is smooth, then pour slowly into skillet.
- Stir constantly until gravy has thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.