Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves: 6 (about 1½ cups each)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (16-oz) reduced-sodium whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 pound peeled, de-veined shrimp
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup dry white wine or orange juice
- ½ - 1 cup clam juice
- 2 strips orange rind (3 x ½ inch)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- ½ - ¾ teaspoon dried savory leaves
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; saute, covered, until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 to 15minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories: 121, Protein: 14.8 g, Sodium: 211 Mg, Cholesterol: 115.6 mg, Fat: 1.1 g, Carbohydrates: 10.7 g
- Exchanges: 2 Vegetable, 1 Meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.