Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 1:00
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large frying chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 lb tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ lb. fusilli pasta
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine oil and lemon juice in a bowl and rub over chicken pieces.
- Arrange chicken in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch flameproof casserole or baking pan.
- Season with salt, oregano and white pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes, turning chicken pieces after 15 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven and transfer chicken to a platter.
- Set aside.
- Stir tomato sauce, stock and water into casserole dish and cook over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Return to oven and bake another 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.